29) M Radosevic, A Willumsen, PC Petersen, H Lindén, M Vestergaard, RW Berg, "Decoupling of timescales reveals sparse convergent CPG network in the adult spinal cord" Nature Communications, 10:2937, 2019 (Link) (Video abstract)
27) RW Berg "Commentary: Synaptic excitation in spinal motoneurons alternates with synaptic inhibition and is balanced by outward rectification during rhythmic motor network activity" Front Neural Circuits,12:1, 2018 (Link).
26) Perrier, J-F, HB Rasmussen, RW Berg "Intense activity of the raphe spinal pathway depresses motor activity via a serotonin dependent mechanism" Front Neural Circuits, 11:111, 2018 (Link).
25) RW Berg "Neuronal diversity in spinal motor circuits: The whole is greater than sum of its parts" Front Neural Circuits, 11: 103, 2017 (Link).
24) Jensen, KHR, and Berg RW "Advances and perspectives in tissue clearing using CLARITY", J. Chemical Neuroanatomy, 86: 19-34, 2017 (Link).
23) Vich, C, RW Berg, S Ditlevsen, A Guillamon "Estimation of synaptic conductances in presence of nonlinear effects caused by subthreshold ionic currents" Front. Comput. Neurosci. 11:69, 2017(Link).
22) Petersen, PC, and RW Berg "Spinal cord preparation from adult red-eared turtles for electrophysiological recordings during motor activity" Bio-protocol 7(13), e2381, 2017 (Link).
21) Berg, RW, MT Stauning, JB Sorensen, H Jahnsen "Comment on 'Penetration of action potentials during collision in the median and lateral giant axons of invertebrates'" Physical Review X, 7 028001 2017(Link)
20) Petersen, PC and RW Berg "Lognormal firing rate distribution reveals prominent fluctuation-driven regime in spinal motor networks" eLife 2016; 10.7554/eLife.18805 (Link)
19) Jensen, KHR, RW Berg "CLARITY-compatible lipophilic dyes for electrode marking and neuronal tracing" Scientific Reports, 6:32674, 2016
18) Vestergaard M, RW Berg, “Divisive Gain Modulation of Motoneurons by Inhibition Optimizes Muscular Control” J. Neuroscience, 35(8): 3711-3723, 2015
17) Petersen PC, M Vestergaard, KHR Jensen, RW Berg, “Premotor spinal network with balanced excitation and inhibition during motor patterns has high resilience to structural division” J. Neuroscience, 34(8): 2774-2784, 2014
16) Berg RW and Ditlevsen S, "Synaptic inhibition and excitation estimated via the time constant of membrane potential fluctuations" J. Neurophysiol. 110: 1021-1034, 2013
15) Kolind J, Hounsgaard J and Berg RW "Opposing effects of intrinsic conductance and correlated synaptic input on Vm-fluctuations during network activity" Front. Comput. Neurosci. 6:40, 2012.
14) Jahn P, Berg RW, Hounsgaard J, Ditlevsen S. "Motoneuron membrane potentials follow a time inhomogeneous jump diffusion process" J. Comput Neurosci. 2011; 31(3): 563-79
13) S. Walloe, U. V. Nissen, RW Berg, J. Hounsgaard, B. Pakkenberg "Stereological estimate of the number of neurons and glial cells in the spinal segment D9 of the red-eared turtle" J. Neuroscience, 31, 2431-2435, 2011.
12) J. Dreyer, K. Herrik, RW Berg, and J. Hounsgaard "Influence of phasic and tonic dopamine release on uptake and receptors" J. Neuroscience 30, 14273-14283, 2010.
11) R.W. Berg, Chen MT, Huang HC, Hsiao MC, Cheng H (2009) A method for unit recording in the lumbar spinal cord during locomotion of the conscious adult rat. J Neurosci Methods 182:49-54.
10) R. W. Berg and J. Hounsgaard. "Signaling in large-scale networks” Cogn Process, 10, s9-s15, 2009.
9) R. W. Berg, S. Ditlevsen, and J. Hounsgaard. "Intense synaptic activity enhances temporal resolution in spinal motoneurons” PLoS ONE 3(9): e3218, 2008.
8) R. W. Berg, A. Alaburda, and J. Hounsgaard. "Balanced inhibition and excitation drive spike activity in spinal half-centers” Science 315: 390-393. 2007.
7) R. W. Berg, D. Whitmer, and D. Kleinfeld. "Exploratory whisking by rat is not phase-locked to the hippocampal theta rhythm" J. Neuroscience, 26(24): 6518-6522, 2006.
6) R. W. Berg, B. Friedman, L. F. Schroeder and D. Kleinfeld. "Activation of nucleus basalis facilitates cortical control of a brainstem motor program." J. Neurophysiology 94: 699-711, 2005.
5) R.W. Berg and D. Kleinfeld, "Vibrissa movement elicited by rhythmic electrical microstimulation to motor cortex in the awake and aroused rat mimics exploratory whisking", J. Neurophysiol. 90: 2950-2963, 2003.
4) R. N. S. Sachdev, R. W. Berg, G. Champney, D. Kleinfeld, F. F. Ebner, "Unilateral vibrissa contact: changes in amplitude but not timing of rhythmic whisking", Somatosensory & Motor Research, 20(2): 163 - 169, 2003.
3) R.W. Berg and D. Kleinfeld, "Rhythmic whisking by Rat: Retraction as well as protraction of the vibrissae is under active muscular control", J. Neurophysiol. 89: 104-117, 2003.
2) S.M. O'Connor, R.W. Berg and D. Kleinfeld, "Coherent electrical activity between vibrissa sensory areas of cerebellum and neocortex is enhanced during free whisking", J. Neurophysiol. 87: 2137-2148, 2002.
1) D. Kleinfeld, R.W. Berg, S.M. O'Connor, "Anatomical loops and their electrical dynamics in relation to whisking by rat", Somatosensory and motor research 1999; 16(2): 69-88.