2015 Doctoral Dissertation at University of Copenhagen: Modulation of Motoneuron Activity by Serotonin
1996 PhD in Neuroscience at Université Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris, France).
1993 Master in Neuroscience at Université Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris, France).
Current position: Associate Professor
The lab is funded by
- Danmarks Frie Forskningsråd
- Owensenske Fond
- Læge Sofus Carl Emil Friis og Hustru Olga Doris Friis' Legat
- Agnes og Poul Friis fond
- The Carlsberg Foundation
- Lundbeck Fondation
- Inge Berthelsen legat
- Antidoping Danmark
- Simon Fougner Harmanns Familiefond
- Danish Medical Research Council
- British Journal of Pharmacology
- Cell and Tissue Research
- Cerebral Cortex
- European Journal of Neuroscience
- Journal of Applied Physiology
- Journal of Comparative Neurology
- Journal of Neurophysiology
- Journal of Neuroscience
- Journal of Neuroscience Methods
- Journal of Physiology (London)
- Life Sciences
- Nature Communications
Memberships of editorial boards and societies
- Society for Neurosciences (USA).
- Physiological Society (United Kingdom).
- Society for the Neural Control of Movement (USA).
- International Association for the Study of Pain.
- Société des Neurosciences (France).
- Dansk Epilepsiforening
Talks (selection of recent invited lectures)
- Regulation of tremor by spinal astrocytes. XIV European Meeting on Glial Cells in Health and Disease. Porto 2019.
- Serotononergic control of motoneuron excitability. Lecture given for the graduate Course Understanding the Brain through the Hippocampus and other neural systems. Århus University, November 2017
- Role of endocannabinoids in the production of movement. 3rd INT neuroscience conference (in tribute to Laurent Vinay). Marseille, September 2016.
- Serotonin spillover onto the axon initial segment of motoneurons induces central fatigue by inhibiting action potential initiation. Department of Neurobiology Research, University of Southern Denmark, August 2016.
- Control of motor behavior by regulating the axon initial segment of motoneurons Brain Prize meeting. Middelfart, November 2015.
- Serotonergic control of motoneuron excitability. Seminaires de l’Institut du Fer à Moulin, Paris. October 2015.
- Serotonergic control of motoneuron excitability. International Neuroscience Symposium: “From ion channels to behaviour”. Copenhagen, June 2015.
- Serotonin spillover onto the axon initial segment of motoneurons induces central fatigue by inhibiting action potential initiation. Nordic Neuroscience Meeting, Trondheim, Norway, June 2015.
- Serotonin spillover onto the axon initial segment of motoneurons induces central fatigue by inhibiting action potential initiation. LVII National Meeting of the Mexican Physiological Society, Oaxca, Mexico, September 2014.
- Physiological role of the modulation of action potential generation at the axon initial segment. Physiology 2014. 07/2014 London.