- Animal models of sleep disorders: Transgenic models, in house breeding, transgene expression using viral vectors and Cre-loxP-system.
- Sleep-wake electrophysiology in mice: We record 24 hour sleep-wake eeg/emg in behaving animals.
- Behavioural assessments: Locomotion. Spontaneous behavior (grooming, eating etc.)
- Primary neuronal cell cultures: in vitro gene knockdown (siRNA- and virus-mediated)
- Single cell RNA sequencing: We use droplet based technologies to perform single cell sequencing on cells and nuclei from brain tissue.
- General wet-lab techniques: Immunohistochemistry, quantitative RT-PCR, western blotting etc.