- Human pluripotent stem cells: Culturing and neural differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells to subtype-specific neural cells.
- 3D stem cell models: Applying 3D models for neural differentiation of human stem cells into regionalised neural subtypes.
- Microfluidic cell culturing: Development and use of microfluidic culturing devices to control regionalisation of human stem cells during differentiation
- Proteomics: Shotgun proteomics (LC-MS/MS) for identifying proteins in cells and cell culture medium from human stem cells.
- Molecular biology: Generation of CRISPR/Cas9 reporter cell lines, generation of lentiviral constructs, high-throughput qRT-PCR analysis
- Bioinformatics: Single cell RNAsequencing using the 10X Chromium platform and lineage trajectory analysis by bioinformatics
- In vivo transplantation: Rat models for stereotaxic xeno-transplantation of human neural cells
- Imaging: Confocal fluorescence microscopy and immunohistochemistry